Sunday, November 21, 2010

Club Anya & Friends Saturday Sketch Challenge

Hope your weekend was as enjoyable as mine. I spent part of my Sunday playing around in my scraproom. I decided to enter the Saturday Sketch challenge over at Club Anya. Jen Shultz had posted a great sketch that I used as the inspiration for my card.


As you can see I was able to put the Copic tips from my certification course to good use.
The stamp I used  was Miko by The Greeting Farm. She is really cute and I coloured her to match in with the Dear Lizzy papers (Sweet Strawberry and Flowering Fields) .
Not too bad of an effort since I only have a very limited number of Copic markers in my collection at the moment.

The Copic colours I used were:
  • Skin - E000, E00
  • Hair - E30, E33, E37
  • Dress and hair clips - R20, R22, Y35, Y38
  • Atyou Spica - 02 Pink used to highlight her hair clips and dress.
I added some small paper roses and yellow lace trim that I have had in my stash for a while now. The sentiment stamp is by CC Designs, and I embossed the image with super fine, clear embossing powder by Ranger.
Mentioning Ranger makes me think Tim Holtz. What card would be finished without a little bit of Tim. I used his Alterations Baroque die for the first time. It has been sitting there waiting for me to use it and finally I have been able to. Yay!





I hope you like the card. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope your week is "full of scrappiness!"

No comments:

Post a Comment